All employees have basic rights within their jobs, including right to privacy, right to be free from discrimination, right to be free from retaliation consequences against other workers, and a right to be in a safe workplace free from dangerous conditions. However, there are cases in the working world where employers perform a breach of contract.
Employment laws are designed to make sure your rights as an employer or employee are protected. It encompasses all employer to employee dynamics as well. Employment laws overlap with state and federal laws, resulting in a potentially complex relationship between employers and employees. General category employment laws cover are employment discrimination, the Retirement Income Security Act, unemployment compensation, collective bargaining, workplace safety, and workers’ compensation.
Experienced Employment Law Attorneys
Working with an established employment law attorney can help ensure that you are fairly compensated for a breach of employment contract or for unjust employment discrimination. Walton and Adams has extensive knowledge on employment laws and rights and will assist any employee that requires litigation services or counseling needs on employment agreements.
Our Areas of Concentration
- Litigation involving Employment Agreements and Covenants
- Trade Secret Protection
- Wrongful Termination
- Negligent Hiring and Retention
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination
- EEOC Complaints and Administrative Investigations
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA Wage & Hour Laws)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Discrimination Claims (Gender, Race/Ethnicity, and Religion)
- Unemployment Compensation